Babies crying during the sermon
by Jon Acuff
Here is what immediately went through my head.
1. Am I the only one that hears that right now? No one else is looking back in that general area. Maybe this is my super power?
2. Heightened hearing? Is that the best superpower? The hearing of a bat?
3. Oh man, I hope my superpower is not just an ability to hear crying babies in crowded rooms. That would be the lamest superpower ever.
4. Except for the character Scarlett Johannson is playing in The Avengers. I love that scene in the trailer where they’re all back to back in the middle of the street. The Incredible Hulk is looking massive. Captain America is standing there with his crazy strength. Iron Man is all suited up. Thor has his mythological hammer. And then Scarlett cocks a handgun. Seriously? She’s a teammate of Thor, and she’s bringing a pistol to the party? If I’m a supernatural villain, I’m thinking “How adorable, tiny bullets!”
5. Don’t be that guy. Don’t you dare look back to see which baby it is.
6. But it’s so hard not to. I’m not judging. I’m just curious. That kid has some lungs! I feel like he’s probably standing up right now with both arms raised above his head victoriously. I gotta see this…
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING >>>
|Share this post:|