|Switch to mobile friendly version|
Greg’s note: Cold-Case Christianity is (at the time of this writing) still on sale at Amazon for $1.99, but will expire soon, as will the special pre-order price of only $7.55 for his follow-up book, God’s Crime Scene (review coming soon). If you already own a copy of Cold-Case, at this low price, please consider gifting one for a friend or family member. Myself and others a have hailed Cold-Case as one of the best introductory to Christian Apologetics ever written. I highly recommend it for those new to Christian Apologetics and the seasoned apologist as well!
ORDER YOUR COPY (or a copy for a friend) HERE >>> Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels by J Warner Wallace only $1.99!
I wrote Cold-Case Christianity because the historic truth claims of Christianity are under attack from every direction. If ever there was a time to study the case for the eyewitness reliability of the gospels, the time is now:
- Anti-Christian Books Are Increasingly Influential: Books like Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion, Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great, Sam Harris' Letter To A Christian Nation, and Bart Ehrman's Forged: Writing in the Name of God - Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are have influenced millions of readers and challenged the essential truth claims of the gospel accounts.
- Fewer People Identify Themselves As Christians: The number of people who identify themselves as Christians in America, for example, has decreased by over 10% in the past 20 years (American Religious Identification Survey 1990-2008)
- Young People Are Leaving the Church in Record Numbers: As many as 70% of those who identify themselves as Christians entering college will walk away from their faith by the time they are seniors and only about a third of these young people will ever return to the Church (LifeWay Research Study 2007)
- Intellectual Skepticism Is a Growing Problem: When young ex-Christians are asked about their reasons for leaving, the largest percentage identify intellectual skepticism or doubt as the culprit (Smith and Denton, Soul Searching: The Religious and Spiritual Lives of American Teenagers, 2005)
- The Claims of the Gospels Are Under Attack: When surveyed, young members of the church are less and less convinced that the gospel accounts are reliable. 63% don't believe that Jesus is the Son of the one true God. 51% don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead (Josh McDowell, The Last Christian Generation, 2006)
- Events that occurred in the distant past
- For which there are typically no living eyewitnesses
- And little or no direct physical evidence
- The gospels record events that occurred in the distant past
- For which there are no living eyewitnesses
- And no direct physical evidence
I want to teach you how to be a good detective. Cold-Case Christianity will:
- Provide you with ten principles of cold-case investigations and equip you to use these concepts as you consider the claims of the New Testament gospel authors. These simple principles will give you new insight into the historic evidence for Christianity.
- Provide you with a four step template to evaluate the claims of the gospel writers. Cold-Case Christianity will teach you how to evaluate eyewitnesses to determine if they are reliable. You'll then be able to employ this template as you examine the claims of the gospel eyewitnesses.
- Provide you with the confidence and encouragement necessary to make an impact on your world. As your evidential certainty grows, so too will your desire to share the truth with others. Cold-Case Christianity will equip you to reach others with the truth.
Help equip others by sharing this post!