|Like us and share on Facebook!||Follow @ThePoachedEgg||Click here to donate online!|
By Stephen Bedard
D.M. Murdock had an article published in the Examiner titled “Top 10 Myths About the Religion of Zeitgeist.” These are ten responses to the Jesus myth that she thinks are false. I would like to respond briefly to each of the ten myths.
10. Zeitgeist has no sources. Murdock responds by mentioning her own Zeitgeist Sourcebook. I will not go into it here but I will point you to this post where I examine her book in detail.
9. Astrotheology has been debunked. I am not sure that this ever became important enough to be debunked. I have gone through some of this stuff and it really is just mumbo jumbo used to try and support her position. It is meaningless and is not taken very seriously.
8. The words “sun” and “son” aren’t cognate in English, as claimed. She says this is false but it is true. By false she means that it is not a really part of the argument. But if you watch
Zeitgeist, it is one of the first things mentioned and it is right there with all the other arguments. An audience that was not thinking about original languages may take it seriously.
7. The twelve zodiac signs are not the 12 disciples. She insists that the disciples are the twelve signs of the zodiac. This is simply not true. She needs to read more New Testament scholarship. There is a symbolism but the connection is with the twelve tribes of Israel. Also, 1 Cor. 15:5 provides very strong evidence that the twelve disciples were historical.
6. Ancient writers like Josephus, Pliny, Suetonius and Tacitus wrote about Jesus of Nazareth. I won’t get into the Roman writers but I will say that the scholarly consensus is that Josephus did say something about Jesus even if a later Christian added to it.
5. The Egyptian god Horus didn’t have 12 followers. No Horus did not have twelve disciples. I have read through the myths. Is there an amulet that has Horus and twelve people? Perhaps but it never enters into the narrative and there is nothing like the twelve in the Gospels…
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE >>>
Help equip others by sharing this post!