Confident Faith by Mark Mittelberg
by Tyler Ellis
“This may well be the most important book you read this year!” ~Lee Strobel
Strobel’s endorsement is no exaggeration regarding the new book, Confident Faith: Building a Firm Foundation for Your Beliefs, by Mark Mittelberg. Originally released in 2008 under the title, Choosing Your Faith (the title of which I actually like better), this edition is a major revision and definitely worth reading.
Confident Faith is an excellent resource that offers insight to people who are Christians and people who are not. I love Mittelberg’s methodology. He starts by establishing what faith really is and how each one of us actually exercises faith in something every day.
The book then offers a brilliant “Faith Path Questionnaire” with 42 questions to help readers discover which of the six most common “Faith Paths” currently characterize their approach to faith.
|‘Like’ The Poached Egg on Facebook!||Follow @ThePoachedEgg
||Donate to TPE!|
The next six chapters are dedicated to addressing each of the Six Faith Paths:
- The Relativistic Faith Path: “Truth is Whatever Works for You”
- The Traditional Faith Path: “Truth is What You’ve Always Been Taught”
- The Authoritarian Faith Path: “Truth Is What You’ve Been Told You Must Believe”
- The Intuitive Faith Path: “Truth is What You Feel in Your Heart”
- The Mystical Faith Path: “Truth is What You Think God Told You”
- The Evidential Faith Path: “Truth is What Logic and Evidence Point To”
The next section of the book helps readers assess the pros and cons of each Faith Path, and then focuses in on the Evidential Faith Path. It does this by examining the “Twenty Arrows of Truth” which show reasons from science, logic, history, archaeology, and experience that can strengthen our trust in the claims of Christianity.
Finally, in the last section of the book, Mittelberg lays outs the “Ten Barriers to Belief.” These are the most common obstacles that tend to hold people back in their quest for a confident faith…
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW: