The Poached Egg’s Top Posts of 2013
This past year has been a very good one indeed for Christian apologetics and by all indications, it looks that 2014 will continue to show increased momentum for the apologetics movement which has been steadily gaining ground since its post 9/11 resurgence began early in the first decade of the 21st century. The number of new apologetics websites and blogs has grown tremendously in 2013, and as more churches, pastors, leaders, teachers, students, and laymen are waking up to the need for apologetics as an integral part of discipleship (as the Bible clearly teaches) and evangelism, more believers, seekers, and even hardcore skeptics are visiting apologetics websites than ever before!
I was initially going to only post the ‘top ten’ posts of 2013, but there were so many excellent posts that I kept expanding the list until I finally decided to stop at the top 30 for fear that it would never get posted if I didn’t pick a number and stick with it, not to mention that 30 is already quite overwhelming to get at once—even for hardcore apologetics junkies like myself.
You might see some posts here that you’ve already read that might be worth a second look, or you might see some that you may have missed the first time around that are definitely worth a look. If you find the list more than a little overwhelming, you could try making it a challenge to read one a day for the next 30 days, or pick a few that really stand out to you and dig deeper into the ideas and arguments they put forth. Regardless of how you choose to use this list, I’m sure that you will be able to think of some creative way to make it worth the effort.
The list starts with the most popular based on the number of page views as ranked by Google Analytics—out of well over 1500 posts in 2013.
- 12 Quotes from Ravi Zacharias
- Why Should You Care About Katy Perry’s Approach to Religion?
- A world-famous chemist tells the truth: there’s no scientist alive today who understands macroevolution
- Four Self-Refuting Statements Heard on College Campuses Across America
- 10 Apologetics Quotes from Cold-Case Homicide Detective and former Atheist J Warner Wallace
- One Question I Ask My Atheist Friends
- Stephen King and God
- “You Can’t Use the Bible to Prove the Bible” . . . And Other Stupid Statements
- Devastating Arguments Against Christianity (Courtesy of the Internet)
- The Myth That the Bible is Just a Myth
- Stupid for Jesus is Still Stupid
- Apologetics 101: “Isn’t Christianity Responsible for So Much Injustice and Violence?”
- The Strangely Simple World of Internet Atheism
- Atheist Professor Becomes Christian
- Five Apologetics Topics Youth Workers Need to Be Able to Address
- Three Paradoxes of Atheism
- I Disagree With You = I Hate You
- Thank God for ‘new atheists’
- Krauss, Craig, Dawkins and a Difficult Week for McAtheism
- Be Careful What You Read: C.S. Lewis’ Literary Encounter with George MacDonald
- Gary Habermas: Five reasons to believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead
- 10 Quotes from Christian Apologist Greg Koukl
- Does Religion Cause War? The Myth That Religion is War’s #1 Cause
- Stop Sharing Jesus!
- Would Jesus Argue with People on Facebook? How Christians Should Handle Criticism, Arguments, Debate, etc.
- The Atheists Are Right
- Five Things You Have Wrong About Christianity
- Is Our Copy of the Bible a Reliable Copy of the Original?
- Ravi Zacharias: Learning To Think Critically
- How to Respond to Haters as a Christian