Embarrassing Testimony Confirms the Gospels
by Billy Dyer
What is the biggest difference between a Biography and an Auto-Biography? With the latter you get to write your own life story. This has its advantages and disadvantages.
- You have the most intimate knowledge of your life. That is, you can describe things from a perspective that no one else can.
- You have details no one else has
- You can describe your emotions that might not have shown in our outward demeanor
- You can describe your thoughts that were never shared before
- You are biased toward your story
- You will write about yourself in the best possible light
- Even when describing mistakes you made you add supposed reasonable excuses
I’m sure you could list more pros and cons but this should make my point. When we write an auto-biography or even a biography of someone we love we do our best to leave out embarrassing details. In the Gospel narratives we find detail after detail that is embarrassing. The question we have to ask ourselves is this; What did the author have to gain by telling this detail? Obviously if it is embarrassing he has more to lose than gain. So why would he make it up? This sort of reasoning lends the investigator to infer they are telling the truth. Therefore, let us look at some of the embarrassing details in the Gospel accounts…
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE >>>