Next Steps For Those Who Trust in The Gospel of Christ
You are most likely on this page because you either already understood and trusted in the Gospel of Christ or from going through this site you came to understand and trust in that Gospel. This is the first step in the life of a Christian but not the end. By trusting in Christ for salvation you have been justified before God but the rest of life is for a process called sanctification. This will be lifelong and you will likely have ups and downs throughout the process of growing in Christ. This is one of the many reasons we think it is so important that your faith be grounded in the historical events around the life, death, and resurrection of Christ and not merely in some personal experience alone. Here are some key steps for you to mature in your faith.
- Find solid Christian community
- Be sure to connect personally with another Christian who can encourage you to grow. If you do not know anyone who can do so then contact us via the form below.
- Find a healthy, Bible teaching, local church. This may be easy for you or it may be difficult. If you want help doing so then contact us via the form below.
- Learn how to read the Bible and begin to do so regularly.
- Check out this blog post with some initial tips on reading the Bible: 4 Simple Ways to Help You Read the Bible Better
- Consider buying this book, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth
- We also recommend avoiding devotionals and reading the Bible as much as possible. If you are looking for short daily readings then look at the Psalms or Proverbs which can be found in the Old Testament section of your Bible.
- Learn some basic theology to help you grow in your understanding of Christianity. A good book for beginners would be Growing in Christ by J.I. Packer.
- Pray regularly. This does not have to be anything other than you talking to God, making your needs known to Him, confessing your struggles, and telling God your understanding of who He is. Below are some specific things you could also pray for.
- Finding a healthy church.
- Finding someone who can mentor you as your grow as a Christian.
- Protection and guidance as you grow.
If you need help with any of the items above or if there are other ways we could help you, then fill out the form below and a member of our team will follow up as soon as possible.